Student-centered, fit-focused college counseling means that I coach students through meaningful self-reflection, self-advocacy and self-promotion to advance their college search and application process. This approach empowers students to have confidence in their college planning journey and to embrace ownership of the myriad decisions and tasks along the way. Then, when students receive their acceptances and scholarship awards, they know it’s because of their hard work and dedication to submitting thorough and compelling applications.
Invite me to join your family’s team for a chapter of the college search and application process or for all of it! Here is a general timeline of services offered:
- Big picture college planning timeline (i.e. high school course planning, extracurricular goals, summer experience exploration, SAT/ACT/AP timeline, etc.).
- Personalized college recommendations with guidance on Reach, Target and Likely admissions options.
- College visit planning – both virtual and in-person visit option exploration and coaching.
- Admission interview preparation including mock interviews.
- College essay coaching and feedback for both the Personal Essay and college-specific essays.
- College Application completion and review.
- Admission plans (i.e. Early Decision, Early Action, Single-Choice Early Action, Regular Decision, etc.) strategies.
- Financial Aid and Merit Scholarship overview and planning.
- Review of Admission Decisions and Financial Aid/Scholarship offers .
- College Choice evaluation and selection.
Ideally families engage with me at the beginning of 11th grade so that we have a solid runway to collaborate on building the college list and preparing the Common Application before the start of 12th grade.
Families have the opportunity to invest in 5 or 10-hour packages. Hours accrue during both live sessions and personalized research and follow-up work (i.e. 1 hour for college search and list building; .5 hours for essay 1st-draft review and feedback; .5 hours for Common Application review and feedback).
I currently offer a primarily virtual practice and joyfully collaborate with clients on Zoom or Google Meet.
While I have over 10 years of experience as a school-based testing coordinator, I do not offer SAT/ACT test preparation; but my good friend Mike Bergin with Chariot Learning does!
Invite me to join your family’s team
Reach out to me so we can start this exciting journey together.